Friday, July 30, 2010

Tour Number 2

Thursday morning was definitely a lazy morning since the previous day was an action-packed 13 hours of dolphins, driving and cruising. We basically didn't roll out of bed until closer to 11am, had some brekky and then headed into the city to grab some internet. That's when I last updated you all.

We stayed down in the CBD for a couple hours, before grabbing some more groceries and gifts to cart back home. This arvo's tour was planned for 2:45pm - a 4WD experience through the forest ranges outside of Auckland.

It was....interesting. I quickly learnt that I do not know when to properly switch gears, and also demonstrated a fantastic ability to stall my quad on hills. Brilliant. However, I also am a quick learner, and it only took Quinn passing me once to figure the whole thing out fairly quickly and get my act into gear. No pun intended.

Our guide took us on an hour long trip through trees, up hills, on roads, maneuvering around stumps etc and then ending up at a lookout over the beach. We were pretty rugged up since it was rainy, but the entire trip was a blast. I think the most fun was had motoring through massive puddles.....

We didn't snap many photos, since I was on camera duty and was too preoccupied "listening to the engine" and switching gears to take photos en route. I think the ones we took, however, do capture the moment as best as it could be captured!

No comments:

Post a Comment